The hastag under the same name, #marchmarketmedley was co-created by @stephaniefehrenbach and @jenmanship on instagram. They both do beautiful watercolor work and I definitely recommend checking them out.
I, on the other hand, am not so great when it comes to the drawn or painted art style. So, I decided I would switch things up a bit and do something I'm definitely good at - Knitting and Crochet! Over the next month I'll be creating items that match the produce for each day. Some I'll offer as free patterns, some will be for purchase, and others will be done by other designers that I'll highlight for that day.
Today we start with a free Strawberry Pattern!
Yarn - worsted weight Chain (ch)
Red Single Crochet (sc)
Green Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Yellow Double Crochet (dc)
F Hook Slip Stitch
Strawberry Body - with F hook and Red yarn
Make magic ring
1. Sc 5 into magic ring.
2. 2 sc into each stitch around (10)
3. Sc around (10)
4. *Sc 1, 2 sc in next stitch* repeat around (15)
5. Sc around (15)
6. *Sc 2, 2 sc in next stitch* repeat around (20)
7. Sc around (20)
8. *Sc 3, 2 sc in next stitch* repeat around (25)
9.-11. Sc around (25)
12.* Sc 3, decrease* repeat around (20)
13. *Sc 2, decrease* repeat around (15)
14. *Sc 1, decrease* repeat around (10)
15. Decrease around (5)
Leaves -with F hook and Green yarn
Make magic ring (be sure to leave a long tail for stitching on the leaves)
1. Sc 5 into magic ring
2. 2 Sc into each stitch around (10)
3. Slip stitch into next stitch and then chain 5. Slip stitch into second loop from chain, sc in next, then hdc, and dc into final stitch. Slip stitch into next stitch, repeat 4 more times.
Attach leaves to top of strawberry using the long tail from making the magic loop.
Take yellow yarn and stitch on "seeds" as evenly as possible around the strawberry body.
Voila, you're done! You now can make a whole basket full of luscious strawberries.